We respect your rights to privacy and it is our policy to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (” Act “) and the Australian Privacy Principles (” APPs “) contained in that Act in all activities of BizHero involving the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information.
More information on the Act and APPs is available from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Grounds for data collection
Processing of your personal information (meaning, any information or opinions which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; hereinafter ” Personal Information “) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services (” primary purpose “), to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
We collect information in different ways.
We only collect your Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Generally, we will collect this information directly from you, including:
When you voluntarily provide us your personal details in order to register on our Site; or
When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services.
We may also collect non-personal information from third party providers, services, and public registers. For example, we may collect anonymous data or aggregated information about how Users use our websites. We do not re-identify this information to turn it into personal information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes, in each case, either on our own behalf or when acting on behalf of a client:
- To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and social media platforms;
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issues you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site;
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site, associated applications and social media platforms;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- To consider your employment application.
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia;
- Hosting and operating our Site; associated applications and social media platforms;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalised display of our Site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us re-target any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services; and
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics.
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to:
(i) Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
(ii) Enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof;
(iii) Investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues;
(iv) To establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
(v) Prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or
(vi) For the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control if you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us as soon as possible and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
- Unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Our cookies are “first-party cookies”, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the Site.
Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
Third-party cookies may be place on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
Third party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and your information.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place industry standard physical, electronic and managerial procedures and policies to safeguard and secure the Personal Information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access or abuse our Site, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at:
Suite 1/46-48 Howard St, North Melbourne VIC 3051